Thursday, July 25, 2013

FINALLY IKEA!

Back in November of last year I posted a couple entries about my love and envy of the re-release of the famous LÖVBACKEN table. Love the design but envied all Europeans who had access to this table with apparently no hope of it ever reaching our shores here in America. That is until now.

Originally the table had been released as the LÖVET. Now, this 1956 leaf-shaped table with three legs and veneer top is being reissued at just $59.99 and is viewable in the 2014 catalogue, making it still affordable today. Knowing how Ikea loves to discontinue great items year over year, I'm going to buy a couple of these for safe keeping. For those of you not near an Ikea, don't worry I'm giving some of these away. Stay tuned.

I also want to give some away just to make me feel better about having gone all the way to London just to pick one of these up after being told by Ikea they weren't going to be offered in the US. Bah humbug.

7 comments:

Bridget said...

Oh, I love this table! The day I finally have room for a side table, this baby will be mine!

Barbara said...

I read they WERE coming to the US...but I'll enter your drawing even though I never win anything!

Amy O'Neill said...

deedee!!!!

I got one today! Dublin, Ireland

http://amydublinia.blogspot.ie/2013/08/blog-post_9748.html

Jaimie said...

It's so cute! I love the brass tips on the legs.

deedee9:14 said...

Amy nice! I got word from Ikea that these are being restocked daily here in the US now but by the end of August, they will no longer restock so get them now!

Thanks to the 2 winners of our contest posted on Instagram.

Jessica Allen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sisi Perrot said...

Saw it last week in Ikea Paris, really beautiful piece of furniture!